that awkward moment when
i was in the middle of watching sherlock and writing down crockpot recipes into my notebook when my girlfriend called me to let me know she’s done with her meeting and was on her way home with dinner.
i said, “can’t wait to see you!” and hung up.
then i realized… i’ve become a housewife.
I’m not going to say I’ve been depressed, but definitely out of sorts, since I’ve moved to Lincoln.
I miss home.
by the way, i live in nebraska now.
holla if youre around lincoln!
i’ve done a really good job of being positive lately.
i’m so glad because i work with students that may not have had the luxuries and privileges i grew up with, and as their mentor i need to be someone they can look up to.
to be honest, i think a big part of it was me not spending much time on the internet. i still love you all though!
My heart is heavy today but the world waits for no one.
Everyone has their bad days.
i always say i want to be a positive and encouraging person but it hasn’t happened.
good news and bad news
- Good News: I had a ton of leftover Mexican food from dinner.
- Bad News: I don't have a fridge and am too full to eat it now.
- Good News: One of my students offered to take it for me.
- Bad News: I don't have her number to tell her to come get it.
- Good News: My girlfriend talked to her RM and gave me her number.
- Bad News: It's the wrong number.
- Good News: My girlfriend gave her my number.
- Bad News: I had been waiting outside for 10 minutes already.
- Good News: My student saw me outside and came down to get the food.
- Bad News: She left the door open and it started yelling "SECURITY VIOLATION. CLOSE THE DOOR." repeatedly.
- Good News: Nothing happens when it does that.
University Housing gave me a trash bag. But not a trashcan.
- Windows: Windows cannot connect to UA Secure.
- Rumil: Diagnose problem.
- Windows: Diagnosing problem...
- Windows: Windows cannot connect to "UA Secure".
- Rumil: So... Windows cannot connect to UA Secure because Windows cannot connect to "UA Secure".
- Rumil: To be fair, you've identified the problem precisely.
UB mentor training starts today!
Kind of bittersweet, this might be the last camp I’ll be working at.
Today, I’m thankful for the fantastic people who celebrated my wonderful sister’s birthday with her. I’m thankful for my lovely girlfriend and all she’s done for me. I’m thankful for Cassandra for being an encouraging person, and a friend who I can always jump right back into a conversation with no matter how long it’s been since we last spoke.
i’m going to try to be a more encouraging person.
got my iphone working again!
lost all my numbers though :(
so far i only have 30 or so numbers in my phone. and there is no call history, and only my girlfriend has texted me on it. all my apps fit on one page. HAH.
is there a 4am church service? because at this rate i’ll be going to sleep just as the 11am service starts.
stupid sleep schedule.